Jul 9, 2017

ESAD Blog Hop - 2017-17 Catalogue Favourites

No automatic alt text available.

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to an ESAD Blog Hop - this time it's based on our favourites from the newly released 2017-18 Idea Book and Catalogue. If you are already on the hop, you will have just seen Megan's creations! And if you are just joining the hop, there's 25 Aussie and New Zealand Stampin' Up! demonstrators showing you their new catalogue favourties! 

I have a few favourites, and quite a long wishlist, but I did manage to narrow it down to create these cards for you today.

So starting with my favourite stamp set - Fairy Celebration:

Cardstock & Markers used: Whisper White (standand and thick), Garden Green, Pink Pirouette & Wisteria Wonder.
Ink: Black Archival Ink

For my next card, I remembered a technique called Inset Embossing... You punch out some shapes, in this case, 1" & 1/2"circles, glue them onto your base, let it dry and then run through the Big Shot with your choice of embossing folders (this one is called Softly Falling).

Cardstock & Markers: Whisper White (standard and thick), Wisteria Wonder & Elegant Eggplant


Then this card, I used the Happy Birthday Thinlits Die and the same technique for the background. I used the Balloon Punch and the Seaside embossing folder. 


Notice the new In Colors, they are Fresh Fig, Lemon Lime Twist and Powder Pink - I totally loved these new colours as soon as I saw them!


And just in case you are wondering, this is what ESAD is all about:

Image may contain: text

Now it's time to continue the hop, off to Carly's Blog.

No automatic alt text available.

And in case you are doing the hop in segments or get lost, here's the whole list of participants:




15 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your sweet projects Richelle , I love the fairy as well !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that polka dot fairy card! I always forget about that technique too! Thanks for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try that embossing technique Richelle. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet projects Richelle. I adore the fairy stamp myself and have use it for my little girls birthday. I like your technique with the embossing! looks fabulous with the wisteria wonder circles and those balloons. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Richelle! I haven't tried that inset embossed technique before, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Richelle! Love the Insert embossing technique, so effective! What great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great showcase of the embossing folders - always good to be reminded of cool techniques to keep reinventing with new colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the embossing idea thanks for sharing that :) lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great embossing technique. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW what a great technique, I had actually thought that you had cut out the coloured bits and added them into the punched out cardstock...Think I might be trying this technique really soon....Love the lil fairy <3 Thanks for sharing your inspiration <3 Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both so pretty. I had forgotten about this technique. It is so effective. Thanks for reminding me of it Richelle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the versatility of the technique Richelle, works well with both the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cards especially the fairies so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!