Aug 6, 2011

Retiring Products Blog Hop





Hi Everyone,


Today is the ESAD Retiring Products Blog Hop.... A journey of 25 Stampin' Up! Demo's and what they've done with some of this year's retiring products. If you are just starting here there's links to follow round the blog hop, otherwise if you are already on the journey, you will have come from Keryn's blog.




What is ESAD?
 
ESAD stands for "Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators" and it is an on-line group just for Australian and New Zealand Stampin Up demonstrators.
 
We so love what we do and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors, but we share our love for what we do with each other as demonstrators.  We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know-how, and cyberstamps, and we are always there to help and support each other when it is needed.
 
So if you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand, then please feel free to click here to join our wonderful group.





Now get ready for it, I've used the "Always" Stamp Set and the co-ordinating "Always in Bloom" Wheel for my gift pack of cards. And the big surprise for me is using 2 colours I don't normally - Soft Suede and Sahara Sand!! I challenged myself to do use these 2 colours which are out of my bright and cheery colour comfort zone! I like the way they've turned out though :)


Coloured my heart with my Old Olive & Chocolate Chip Markers

Extra details added by using my paper piercing tool and mat pack

Added background detail by stamping Soft Suede leaves randomly onto the Soft Suede Card

This clean and simple layout really shows off my 'homemade paper'. 

Combining the Soft Suede stamping and inking my stamp with my markers


All the vanilla card with the Old Olive "Always in Bloom" pattern (ie all the vanilla card with the green ink) has been done on less than 1 A4 sheet of card - handy way to get just the right colour 'scrapbooking paper' for your next creation. A great tip is to have the ink cartridge in your wheel handle - it provides a continuous supply of ink onto your wheel!


Materials Used:
Card stock: Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand
Stamps: Always, Always in Bloom Wheel, On your Birthday
Punches: Scallop Border, 1 1/4" circle, 1 3/8" Circle, Scallop Oval, Large Oval
Ribbon: Very Vanilla Grosgrain, Soft Suede Polka Dot (retired)
Dimensionals
Paper Piercing Tool
Mat Pack - template for aligning your dots!




The next stop on your journey is Sharlene Meyer.... Have fun hopping round!!!




Thanks for looking,

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous colours Richelle. There ones I wouldn't normally use either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colour combo Richelle :) TFS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Cards Richelle, I do love the colour combo nice soft look. Fantastic hop don't you think? PS Thanks for all your help, muchly appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour combination Richelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richelle, I love what you have done with this set, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so elegant, beautiful work Richelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colours really suit that stamp set - and I love what you have done with the set. I've always loved it but been a little intimidated by it in terms of how to make the most of it! You have some lovely examples

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was one of the first sets I purchased. I love the colours that you have used. I would not normally use them but I am thinking I will have to give them a go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cards and colour combo Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this set Richelle, that bird is a real cutie, fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the colour palate...sooooo me. The cards are so very elegant. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely colours. I used this set for my card day yesterday after it not being used for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful cards, Richelle, lovely choice of colours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards, really makes me think about trying duller colours

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!