Aug 23, 2010

Stamp {Day} Camp

Hi Everyone,

Over the weekend, Andrea had her annual stamp camp. Once again I was only able to attend for the day, but what a day it was! Thank you to Andrea and everyone else there! My mum came with me and we decided that we wouldn't take anything extra with us to do as last year we filled the entire day by making all the Shoebox Swaps.

For those that don't know what a Shoebox Swap is, its when you design a card and provide everything needed to make the card on the day (so basically what I do for anyone who attends my classes/workshops). The idea is to make everyone's card and then you have a gorgeous collection to add to your stash. We had about 18 to make and got 14 of those done. Mum and I didn't worry about making one another's cards as we decided we could do that any time and had 2 left to complete after tea but a phone call came through from my hubby about Miss 3 being sick so we had to race off home.

Anyway, this is my card for the Shoebox Swap and I'll photograph the ones we made and post that another day...



Materials Used:
Big Shot & Top Note Die
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Only Orange & Handsome Hunter (Only Orange and Handsome Hunter are both retiring at the end of the month)
Red Gingham Ribbon (retiring)
1" Circle, 1/2" Circle, Heart to Heart & Oval Punches
White Gel Pen

In amongst the card making, we also had morning & arvo tea, lunch and a 2 page quiz! Even as a demonstrator, I didn't get all the questions right... It was a marvellous day,only dampened by having to leave early and the trememdous amount of rain we had in the afternoon - there was massive puddles to drive through on the way home across parts of the road. And Miss 3 is fine, just a tummy bug, but she was back to herself by breakfast time - kids are amazing how quickly they bounce back from being sick!!

Oh and I did see this card somewhere out in blog land, I just can't find the right person to credit the idea... I'll keep searching through my notes and if I find it, I'll update my post.

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks for looking,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!