Feb 17, 2010

JAI's 4th Challenge

Hi Everyone,

Wow 2 posts in 1 day - I hope you haven't fallen off your seat when you saw me back again today...

This is a super quick post so that I can enter the Just Add Ink's 4th Challenge.. I got caught up watching So you think you can dance and nearly forgot to enter this challenge... Thankfully, I just made it in time.

The challenge was to use these colours:




And I combined it with my first Mojo Monday Sketch of 2010:


To come up with this card using the "Animal Stories"  stamp set:



I also had my first attempt at a new technique using my chalk pastels to create a background. I saw this technique whilst out in blogland last week and was reminded to try it by my sideline demonstrator Andrea when I saw her card this week. I can't remember the site where I originally saw this techinque but have a feeling it was a different site to Andrea's link.


Thanks for looking,

4 comments:

  1. very cool card Richelle ..love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a great combination of two challenges! Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very clever. Just beautiful.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very effective technique! I haven't seen this before - thanks! Love the giraffe and elephant! Thanks for playing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!