Oct 25, 2009

Stampin' Up Regionals Perth 2009

WOW!!! I had the best of best days yesterday (Although it was VERY tiring!!). I spent the day at Perth Regional Conference for Stampin' Up. Its the first time I've been and soo worth it! I learnt lots of new techniques, saw some sneak peeks of the new mini catty and some extra news on SU as a company. It was also a great opportunity to meet other demo's here in Perth and all over WA.

A big part of the day is the swaps. This is when we swap card fronts that we've made with other demos. I made 2 different swaps as I couldn't decide which I liked best. The first was a bright & colourful girly card made with the Garden Whimsy Stamp Set. The colours are Pink Passion, Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac and Whisper White.



 My second swap is one of the cards used for my October Stamp 'n' Stacks. A simple, clean Christmas card usingthe Christmas Classics stamp set and only 2 colours. Or perhaps I should say a monochromatic (1 colour - Night of Navy) card with 1 neutral (Whisper White). The edges of the centre card pieces have been lightly distressed on all layers and the ribbon was tied through holes punched into the card with my double rectangle punch.



This is a pic of my haul of cards (and yes I do say haul because there are a lot!!) Thank you to everyone who swapped with me! :D There are some wonderful cards here and I will be casing a lot of them.




Throughout the day there were lots of presentations from SU staff, inc Bonnie from the USA (she was an absolute crackup... She was so funny and showed us some great colour wheel tips and techniques that I can't wait to try out.

We also heard from 6 great WA's demos inc one of my friends Andrea, with different workshop wows and I can't wait to show you some of these new techniques. Its a pity my daughter Charlotte doesn't sleep anymore during the day, I've lost my stamping time...Never mind, I'll fit some in somewhere! lol :)

All in all, it was a fantastic day and I can't wait to do it all over again next year lol :P

ps:  Did I mention one of the best parts was that my girls had a sleepover at their Nan's house on Friday night and when I picked them up yesterday, they already had tea & baths and they were so tired they fell asleep in the car on the way home, transferred them straight to bed all before 6.30pm! Which meant I could relax for the night, so much so I was in bed myself by 9pm -ahhhhh Thanks Mum!!!!!! :)


Thanks for looking,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!